The self-paced, self-directed curriculum is easily integrated as a classroom, lab or extension activity. An embedded placement test personalizes and targets instruction to close identified skill gaps. Learner interactions and posttests at each level / module of instruction allow instructors to monitor learner’s progress, measure learning gains, and determine readiness for the proctored assessments required to earn the credentials.
Ready to Work Courseware
The Ready to Work Courseware is ideal for measuring the competency in foundational skills that focus on the core communication, reasoning, and problem-solving skills required for 21st century opportunties, from entry-level to professional. Learn More
Essential Soft Skills Courseware
Essential Soft Skills measures foundational work habits and employability skills that employers commonly define as essential to gain and maintain employment including conveying professionalism, communicating effectively, teamwork and collaboration, and thinking critically and solving problems. Learn More
An effective supplemental instructional solution for learner success in industry certification coursework and testing, the online Florida Ready to Work curriculum provides targeted, career contextualized instruction in foundational employability skills including:
- Applied Math – Use of workplace math – four basic functions of math – to communicate information and problem solve (i.e. calculate percentage discounts and mark-ups).
- Reading for Information – Use of workplace text to communicate information and problem solve (i.e. emails, manuals, memos, policies).
- Locating Information – Use of workplace graphics to communicate information and problem solve (i.e. spreadsheets, charts, graphs, instrument gauges).
To prepare learners for internship and employment, the program also provides a blended online and classroom-based curriculum targeting essential soft skills including:
- Conveying Professionalism – Dependability, courtesy, attitude, motivation, personal accountability, and time management.
- Communicating Effectively – Verbal and nonverbal communication and listening; use of communication tools including email etiquette, cell phone, and social networking; resolving conflict; and acknowledging criticism.
- Promoting Teamwork and Collaboration – Teamwork skills and interactions, benefits of diversity and sensitivity to differences, accepting responsibility, and leadership.
- Thinking Critically and Solving Problems – Innovation, creativity, flexibility, overcoming adversity, goal setting, and critical thinking strategies.